A 30-year-old man drowned in the sea at Aboadze, a fishing community in the Shama District of Western Region, when he went swimming on Christmas Day.
The deceased, identified as Roger Anabah, and said to hail from the Northern Region, was engaged in the construction of a fence wall at the Volta River Authority (VRA) area.
The incident occurred on Friday, December 25, around 1300 hours and the body is yet to be retrieved.
Eyewitnesses told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that the deceased was seen swimming in the sea but they later realised he was groping for breath.
An attempt to rescue him failed, the witnesses said.
The incident was reported to the Assembly Member as well as the unit committee and the youth in the area to mount a search to retrieve the body but they were unsuccessful.
Mr. Emmanuel Avevor, the Assembly Member for the area, confirmed the incident and admonished the public to be wary of swimming in the sea during the festive season.
The incident has since been reported to the Police at Aboadze for investigations.
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- It’s tough without my dad – Akwaboah
- Florida: 13ft alligator killed after it was spotted with human remains in its mouth
- Alan Kyerematen, Sammy Gyamfi and others mourn with Kwame A Plus at late father’s funeral
- FDA sensitizes traders and patients on medicine adverse reactions
- Mohbad: Nigerian nurse association says health worker who treated late singer not registered
- Graduated students urged to keep developing their skills for success
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century