As the world marks World Toilet Day Tuesday, the Environmental Health Officer at the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly has given landlords up to six months to provide household toilets for tenants or face legal action.
The Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly, Luv FM and Nhyira FM have constituted Sanitation Enforcement Team that has been identifying and prosecuting landlords and institution which direct faecal matter into drains in Kumasi.
This follows the KMA’s realisation that about 40 per cent of residents in Kumasi have no household toilets. And out of this number, 20% share public toilets while the remaining 20% defecates in the open.
Environmental Health Officer of the KMA, Isaac Bassanyin says the assembly is liaising with some financial institutions to provide soft loans for landlords to provide household toilets.
This year’s world toilet day is being marked under the theme; leaving no one behind.
World Toilet Day is a United Nations observance day marked annually on November 19.
The purpose is to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize