Six persons have been shot dead at Sakpere in the Bawku Municipality of the Upper East region.
Reports by Accra-based TV3 indicate the unknown gunmen opened fire on the people gathered for the Eid-Al-Fitr celebration and fled the scene.
Four of the victims died on the spot while two were reported dead on arrival at the Vineyard Hospital in Bawku.
Though there is high security presence in the municipality, the death toll in Ramadan week has risen to nine which has left residents worried.
Some residents suggested that government and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) put in stringent measures to curb the situation.
Other residents were also of the view that the high security deployed should be dissolved if they cannot safeguard residents.
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- CWG Ghana launches 20th anniversary celebrations
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event