It's heart wrenching to see how much it tears a man apart to watch his wife be in danger when there is nothing he can do about it. I want you to understand how important it is to a man that he makes you feel safe and protected. It's literally in his DNA to do this.
Growing up, we weren't taught who men really are and what makes them tick. I know I wasn't and, in the past, I made huge mistakes that ended up emasculating men. It's what led me to helping women really understand who men are … especially men over 50.
That's why these eight things about men over 50 are tips you can use right away in your dating life. These tips have made a huge difference in my both my life and the lives of my coaching clients.
1. Appreciate a man for who he is.
Men are wonderful but they aren't women. They don't think like women nor do they communicate like women. So don't expect a man to act like a woman or you're guaranteed to be disappointed.
2. Men over 50 are very masculine and they love when you bring this trait out in them.
Men have no interest in competing with you and that's exactly what they see it as when you approach them as an Alpha Female. For a man, this is like dating another man and he isn't interested in dating men. The key is learning to come into your true feminine power … one that compliments a man's masculine power. When you do, he'll jump through hoops to make you happy.
3. Men show you love with their actions.
Hollywood has messed with our heads on this one. On the big screen, they show us men like Tom Cruise's character in the movie, Jerry McGuire. Think back to when he professed his love with the romantic words, "You complete me."
Real men show you their love by cutting your grass and giving you their coats when you're cold. If you expect love to come in words … you could be waiting a very long time.
4. Men want to give to you.
Let them open the door for you or change that light bulb you can't reach. It makes them happy to please you. All they want in return is to be appreciated and thanked. If you do this, they'll do anything you want, which leads us to number five.
5. Don't criticize the job a man is doing for you.
He's doing his best and, yes, you may be able to do it better or faster than he can but don't. It makes him feel emasculated. If he has offered to do something for you, allow him to do it his way. Otherwise, the next time you ask for help, he'll tell you to hire a handyman. He doesn't want the aggravation of not being able to do anything right for you.
6. When you're dating a man over 50, don't place demands on how he must be or what he has to do in order to date you.
Men tell me again and again how much they dislike profiles of women who demand nothing less than the best restaurants or certain salaries to date them. Men have had enough demands put on them at work and from their ex's. The last thing they want to do is meet yours before you've even met.
7. Don't try and remodel a man by making him your pet project.
Either accept him for who he is or let him go and move on.
8. A lot of men over 50 are pretty insecure when it comes to asking you out.
Having been rejected time and time again by so many women, they aren't too quick about putting themselves back in a vulnerable position unless it feels safe to do so.
If you like a man, encourage him with eye contact, a warm smile or a flirt online to let him know you're interested.
Remember, men weren't given a Dating Rulebook with their divorce papers either. So be kind to them and understand that as scared as you feel about dating, most of them are too.
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Chad President Idriss Deby dies ‘in clashes with rebels’
- Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
NDC cadre could’ve asked for 2020 election collated figures if interested – Ade Coker to Kunbour
Hacklab 2021 ends with 9 commercially viable AI Solutions
22-year-old sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defilement
2 suspects arrested for burning 64-year-old woman in North East Region
Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd
CHAG, SafeCare Ghana certify 28 assessors for nationwide evaluation of CHAG facilities
Cargo truck involved in accident at Kadjebi
Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
Brace yourselves for more floods until wetlands are reclaimed – NADMO to Kumasi residents
Oil marketing sector risk collapse over market saturation, unhealthy practices – Oil marketing companies
Re: Linda Dor highway rest stop allays fears of commuters
Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
Ghana’s CEOs Summit to push for Digital Economy Act