Audio By Carbonatix
Residents of Kweikuma in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis are in a state of shock after a 13-year-old boy, Isaac Ocran, committed suicide with a nylon rope on Tuesday.
The corpse of the deceased was found hanging in an uncompleted building adjacent to the family house at around 1630 hours.
Chief Inspector Anobaah Odoi, the Station Officer at Adiembra Police Station, confirmed the tragic incident on Wednesday.
He said the corpse had been deposited at the Effia-Nkwanta Hospital pending an autopsy.
Chief Inspector Odoi said police investigations revealed that the deceased was punished by his mother the previous day for misconduct and threatened to kill himself.
The deceased, who is a pupil of Sekondi Presby Basic School, is said to have had a quiet demeanour and was well-liked by his colleagues.
The head teacher of the school, Mr. Joseph Antwi Boateng, expressed shock and sadness over the death of his pupil, saying the deceased never exhibited any suicidal mannerism.
Wednesday morning, the whole school was in a state of mourning as some pupils sang dirges to bid the boy farewell.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
14 minutes -
Communique: Democracy Not for Sale Forum – Ho Edition
34 minutes -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
35 minutes -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
48 minutes -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
1 hour -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
1 hour -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
2 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
2 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
2 hours -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
2 hours -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
2 hours -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours