Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana remains focused on the World Cup qualifier with Egypt next month despite FIFA's decision to clear Cairo to host next month's game.
FIFA in a letter on Wednesday informed the GFA that the second-leg playoff against Egypt on November 19 will be played in Cairo though there had been a request from Ghana to move the game to a neutral venue after expressing concern at the security situation in the Egyptian capital.
Despite the decision, the GFA says it is totally committed to ensuring that the Black Stars prepare adequately and are well protected in their quest for World Cup qualification.
"The GFA wishes to assure Ghanaians and the football fraternity that we are fully focused on preparing the team to win the match in Cairo and qualify for the 2014 World Cup without compromising on the security of our delegation," said a GFA statement.
"The GFA will soon unveil its preparation plans for the Black Stars ahead of the match in Cairo."
FIFA revealed that following a recent visit by its security inspection delegation it has approved the Air Defence Stadium for the match.
The world governing body also added that it has received security guarantees from the government of Egypt to protect the Black Stars during their visit.
The Black Stars romped to a 6-1 win over Egypt in the first leg of the two-legged play-off in Kumasi on 15 October. The aggregate winner qualifies for next year's finals in Brazil.
Latest Stories
-
BoG inaugurates Financial Advisory Council to drive non-interest banking in Ghana
2 minutes -
Mineral right is a privilege, not an absolute right – Minerals Commission
3 minutes -
Ablakwa seeks Russian support for Africa-led fight against Sahel extremism
14 minutes -
Host mining communities are partners in development, not obstacles – GJA President
16 minutes -
Ghana to sign 5 new petroleum agreements soon – Energy Minister
17 minutes -
GJA President urges Ghana to weigh environmental and social costs alongside mining revenues
28 minutes -
Irresponsible mining: The land is not your own – Prof Mike Oquaye cautions
36 minutes -
62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing in Russia-Ukraine war – Ablakwa
37 minutes -
GJA President urges responsible, sustainable mining
38 minutes -
Ghana must take charge of its mineral resources – Prof. Mike Oquaye
44 minutes -
KickedIn uses technology to connect African football talent with global opportunities
45 minutes -
GoldBod did not record GH¢22bn loss; audited accounts show GH¢5.44bn surplus – Institute of Fiscal Policy Governance
49 minutes -
Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse
52 minutes -
Ga Mantse calls for measurable CSR and stronger local participation in mining communities
58 minutes -
Ga Mantse urges mining industry to protect communities beyond the life of mines
1 hour