Audio By Carbonatix
The police in Tema say they have intensified the search for popular hiplife musician Castro and lady friend, Janet Bandu - dead or alive.
Public Relations Officer of the Tema Regional Police Command, DSP Olivia Turkson, has told Joy News they are now relying on locals and fishermen along the coasts of Volta and Greater Accra regions for any lead.
“We are still searching, we have adapted the other means as in leaving messages with the local folks along the beaches and along the river banks in the Volta region- Anloga, Keta and then Tema to Prampram in Accra," she said.
Castro also known as Theophilus Tagoe and Janet Bandu, went missing when they went jet skiing at the Ada Estuary on July 6.
Some weeks ago, a joint rescue team made up of the Marine Division of the Ghana Police Service, Navy, Ada East District Assembly and local divers mounted a rescue operation in search of the two.
They finally gave up on the search following their inability to find the duo.
Black Stars skipper and long time friend of Castro, Asamoah Gyan and a host of friends also embarked on a rescue mission in search of his missing friend but that has also proved futile.
Meanwhile, rumours circulating in the public suggest that Castro could be alive. The rumour was conceived out of tapped restricted wireless Police message which claimed that Castro had been found alive and that he is receiving medical attention in neighbouring Togo.
Acting Director of the Police Public Affairs, DSP Cephas Arthur, however said the wireless message was not meant for public consumption and that whoever leaked it acted unprofessionally.
“It is not as if Castro has been found or not been found. It is a lead we had and we are working on it. What we are doing now is to work on the lead and also investigate how the restricted police wireless message leaked.
According to DSP Cephas Arthur: “We issued an internal communication and this was not for public communication. We are only clarifying because it has come out to the public."
"The restricted internal communication was sent to the Regional Commander in the Volta Region to follow up on the hint we have heard because they are nearer to Togo. Unfortunately someone leaked it to the public and caused some rumour mongering,” Cephas Arthur added.
Latest Stories
-
7 Ghanaian traders killed in Titao terrorist attack buried in Burkina Faso
6 minutes -
Northern teachers protest ‘fake appointment’ claims
11 minutes -
Greater Accra Regional Minister hasn’t sanctioned any selective demolitions of billboards – GARCC replies AAG
13 minutes -
UniMAC-Journalism and Media Students Association (JOMSA) launched
23 minutes -
MTN and CalBank collect 7,020 pints of blood in ‘Save a life’ drive
25 minutes -
Ken Agyapong’s camp denies breakaway party claims
30 minutes -
Photos: Mahama commissions new Ghana embassy chancery in Addis Ababa
31 minutes -
UniMAC committed to producing ethically grounded, socially responsible journalists – Dean
34 minutes -
Patrick Boamah casts doubts over gov’t’s plan to extradite a Russian suspect in sexual exploitation saga
38 minutes -
Advocacy group pledges to pursue cases of wrongful convictions
39 minutes -
Li Yang: China’s zero-tariff policy helps made-in-Ghana products expand into the Chinese market
43 minutes -
Russian Embassy in Ghana acknowledges reports on sexual exploitation case
50 minutes -
GNAT condemns violent attack on West Africa SHS teachers
55 minutes -
NAIMOS arrests armed thugs posing as Anti-Galamsey task force in Western Region
55 minutes -
Efya ties the knot with Nigerian singer Tomi Thomas
1 hour
