Audio By Carbonatix
The Moroccan Academy of Diplomatic Studies has offered to enrol interested Ghanaian applicants to undertake free diplomatic programmes in the Institution.
This is as part of ways to deepen bilateral relations between both countries.
The Director of the Academy, Mohammed Hicham Bensoltane, made the offer during an interaction with some Ghanaian journalists currently in the North African country to explore tourism development.
He says the available training programmes are open to all aspiring and existing diplomats who wish to enhance their skillset in diplomacy or discover different areas of interest.
Mr Bensoltane indicated that the Academy currently runs on two-week short programmes and hosts 200 students.
“The Academy, which was established in 2011, has so far trained over 600 diplomats from many countries around the world who are working in the diplomatic circle. In addition, we have been hosting secretaries of foreign affairs, diplomats and consular officials as students.”
“We have professors from top-notch universities, former ambassadors, experts in foreign affairs and diplomatic missions who are teaching and managing the Academy,” he told JoyNews in an interview.
Explaining the modus operandi of the Institution, Mohammed Hicham Bensoltane underscored that the calibre of tutors handling the various courses on diplomatic information management is well-resourced to contribute to the personal development and diplomatic skills required to manage missions and offer consular services.
Common academic work languages include English, French, Spanish, and Arabic.
The Moroccan Academy for Diplomatic Studies is one of the functioning departments operating under the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Kingdom of Morocco. It also receives financial support from the King.
The visit by the Ghanaian journalists in Morocco was facilitated by the Journalists for Tourism Advocacy (JTA) as part of plans to develop a working partnership with the country’s Embassy in Ghana.
Executive Director of JTA, Zambaga Rufai Saminu, says the initiative also seeks to provide effective social platforms and media coverage to tourism development in Morocco and Ghana.
They are expected to return on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
Latest Stories
-
ORC challenges CSA cybersecurity sanction, says penalty was premature and procedurally unfair
1 second -
GoldBod to introduce gold traceability system by end of 2026 – Sammy Gyamfi
7 minutes -
Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa
9 minutes -
GETFund explains mandate as EFPI expands partnerships to support Ghana’s education sector
13 minutes -
US$4.8bn SME financing gap exposes Ghana’s credit challenge — A call for swift implementation of open banking, open finance reforms
16 minutes -
Ghana is open to responsible mining, investment – Minerals Commission
23 minutes -
Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport
25 minutes -
GoldBod to launch digital gold platform for Ghanaians, Africans
30 minutes -
NPP will reinstate Torkornoo when we return to power – Afenyo-Markin hints
32 minutes -
We’ll establish a Gold Village in Accra next year – Sammy Gyamfi
34 minutes -
Many Canadians are boycotting the US, so this is where they’re travelling instead
37 minutes -
Mining communities must be treated as development partners and economy shareholders – Sammy Gyamfi
43 minutes -
Nearly 9 metric tonnes gold refined locally this year – Sammy Gyamfi
43 minutes -
The world’s best countries for expats in 2026
47 minutes -
Social clubs must become engines of national development – Ace Anan Ankomah
49 minutes