Audio By Carbonatix
A Nairobi to Heathrow flight was intercepted by RAF fighters and diverted to Stansted Airport over a "potential security threat".
A London Stansted spokeswoman said the Kenya Airways Boeing 787 "landed safely with Essex Police in attendance".
"The aircraft was escorted to a remote parking stand with normal flight operations now continuing," she said.
The plane was diverted to Stansted just before 15:45 BST but Essex Police said the incident had now been "stood down".
Officers said inquiries established there was nothing of concern and they handed the plane back to the airport.

A Ministry of Defence (MoD) spokesman said: "RAF Typhoon fighter aircraft from RAF Coningsby were launched as a precaution this afternoon to investigate a civilian aircraft which was approaching the UK.
"The civilian aircraft remained in contact with air traffic controllers throughout, and was escorted to Stansted Airport where it landed safely. This incident is now under the control of the civilian authorities."
Essex Police said: "A flight travelling from Nairobi to Heathrow was diverted to Stansted this afternoon. The airport remains open."
'Thorough risk assessment'
An airline spokesman said "Kenya Airways plc (KQ) confirms that on Thursday 12 October 2023, at around 10:30 (08:30 BST), its headquarters received an alert of a potential security threat on board KQ100 operating from Nairobi to London Heathrow.
"KQ management in conjunction with the security authorities of the Government of Kenya and the United Kingdom carried out a thorough risk assessment of the threat.
"The crew on board were briefed, and all safety and security precautions were taken to ensure the safety and security of our crew and passengers on board."

llan Kilavuka, CEO of Kenya Airways, said: "There was suspicion of some of the people on board. But nothing to do with a bomb or anything like that.
"The precautions that we were taking was because that threat had been raised and so we just wanted to make sure that there was nothing untoward."
Essex Police confirmed that Stansted was the designated airport for dealing with security risks in the UK.
Neither the MoD nor Essex Police could confirm if passengers remained on board.
Latest Stories
-
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
34 minutes -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
2 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
2 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
2 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
3 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
3 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
3 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
3 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
4 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
4 hours -
Isaac Nlason elected SRC President of the Ghana School of Law
4 hours -
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
4 hours -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
4 hours -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
4 hours -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
5 hours