Audio By Carbonatix
The Bono Regional Director of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), Fati Kine-Lam, says the region has recorded an additional 252 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) of the Gbinyiri clash in two districts.
She said 250 of the IDPs were being sheltered in some communities in Tain, and two of them at Suma-Ahenkro in the Jaman North District.

Speaking in an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in Sunyani, Mrs Kine-Lam said so far about 800 IDPs, including about 500 children, had sought shelter in the region with the highest of them being sheltered in the Wenchi Municipality.
Reports indicate that about 30 people have died since the clash erupted over a piece of land at Gbinyiri in the Swla-Tuna-Kalba District of the Savannah Region, on Sunday, August 25, 2025, displacing many others, mostly women, girls and children.
Mrs Kine-Lam noted that the health conditions of most of the children and some pregnant mothers were not the best, and appealed for more humanitarian services.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
3 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
4 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
4 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
5 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
5 hours