Audio By Carbonatix
Abdul-Aziz Iddrisu, also known as Baaluuse, the alleged killer of General Constable Seth Oppong-Damoah, has been re-arrested.
A police brief issued on Tuesday said that at about 1230 hours, personnel from the National Police Intelligence Directorate (NPID), Accra, in collaboration with their counterparts in the Upper East Region, apprehended the 33-year-old suspect during a joint intelligence-led operation.
He was arrested at his hideout at Polego, a suburb of Bolgatanga.
The brief said the suspect and his accomplices, who were yet to be arrested, had been on the police wanted list for allegedly attacking officers at the Kariminga Police Barrier.
During the incident, General Constable Seth Oppong-Damoah was shot dead, while General Corporals Nyanku Charles and Abu Moro sustained fatal injuries.
The brief said Abdul-Aziz had been identified as a warrior for one of the feuding factions in the Bawku conflict.
A search conducted on three mobile phones retrieved from the suspect suggested that he and others, still at large, had actively participated in the protracted Bawku conflict and were allegedly involved in multiple killings.
Further examination of the phones reportedly revealed that Abdul-Aziz belonged to a WhatsApp group named: “Trusted Friends,” which displayed the image of Alhaji Seidu Abagri, a rival chief in the Bawku chieftaincy dispute, as its profile picture.
The group was said to be mainly patronised by members of the Mamprusi and Moshie communities.
Police said the suspect was seen in a video displaying a number of AK-47 assault rifles in a sack and pistols at a location believed to be in Bawku.
He was also captured in an audio message allegedly requesting more arms and ammunition to enable the Mamprusis defeat the Kusaasis in the ongoing conflict.
Information available to the police further indicated that the suspect and another individual, identified only as Mark, currently at large, were believed to be behind the importation of weapons and ammunition into Bawku.
The brief added that on December 29, 2025, the suspect and his accomplices allegedly planned and launched the attack on officers performing their lawful duties at the Kariminga Barrier.
Police said Abdul-Aziz went into hiding after the incident but was later traced to his hideout and arrested.
Latest Stories
-
Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices over tariffs ruling
3 minutes -
Refrain from mass marketing or public promotional campaigns on virtual assets – BoG to VASPs
1 hour -
Government bans land transit of cooking oil; orders crackdown on customs complicity
1 hour -
NPA engages industry stakeholders on 24-hour economy pilot in petroleum sector
2 hours -
Ablakwa outlines key bilateral agreements with Burkina Faso to boost trade, security and border cooperation
2 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso deepen security ties after terrorists kill 8 Ghanaians in Titao
3 hours -
Luv FM launches 7th edition of Primary Schools Quiz; pupils urged to embrace Ghanaian culture
3 hours -
Nollywood star Michael Dappa stuns fans with big chop ahead of new film role
3 hours -
NPA slams gas ‘shortage’ rumours; assures over one month’s cover
4 hours -
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
4 hours -
Majority Leader fires back at Sefwi protesters
5 hours -
New Horizon Fun Games: Vice President calls for stronger national commitment to inclusion
6 hours -
Prof. Amoah warns Africa against becoming China’s ‘Dumping Ground’
6 hours -
President Mahama commissions B5 Plus Steel Ball Mill and Manufacturing Plant to ignite industrial revolution
7 hours -
Fighters demand amnesty for cannabis convicts following massive policy shift
7 hours
