Audio By Carbonatix
AC Milan go into their home game against Cesena this evening on Multi-TV with their lead over five-time defending champions Inter Milan having been cut to just six points.
Lazio and Napoli are just four points adrift of the pacesetters, yet Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims he is not worried.
Instead, with his club having taken just a single victory in their last four Serie A games and the club deemed to be their biggest threat, rivals Inter, riding a five-match winning streak and with a game in hand, the Swede claims he is having fun.
"I enjoy the duel with Inter,'' he said. "Like them, we have great experience.
"It's going to be great battle.
"With this intensity, there is more motivation for everyone to remain focused and work until the end of the campaign.''
For Ibrahimovic, who once played for Inter, the Rossoneri need to only worry about themselves.
"I know Inter have confidence after their recent victories,'' he said.
"But we must remain focused and if we do that, we should not fear any of our rivals, including Inter.
"We need to do our job as best as possible to remain first.''
Ibrahimovic is Milan's top scorer with 11 league goals so far.
Antonio Cassano could earn his first league start with Milan on Sunday after a solid performance in Thursday's 3-0 triumph over one of his old teams, Bari, in the Coppa Italia.
The midweek result allowed Milan to set up a meeting with Sampdoria in the quarter-finals of that competition.
Cesena, meanwhile, pushed Inter hard before falling to a 3-2 defeat at the San Siro in midweek.
The result followed their 1-0 defeat to Roma and left Massimo Ficcadenti's side just above the bottom three on goal difference.
Cesena have won just once on the road this season and will have to overcome the absence of striker Emanuele Giaccherini, who serves a one-match ban.
Credit: Multi-TV Sports desk/espn
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
19 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
21 minutes -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
41 minutes -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
3 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
3 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
3 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
3 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
3 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
3 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
3 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
3 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
4 hours