Audio By Carbonatix
Embattled businessman Alfred Agbesi Woyome has dared those who claim to have the list of beneficiaries of the judgement debt paid to him in 2010 to publish it.
He questioned a supposed list making the rounds about how he shared the money and to whom adding, "I will continue to fight till the last drop of my blood."
Mr Woyome said he woke up to see quite a number of misleading headlines about him which informed his decision to hold a press conference to correct the misinformation in the public domain.
The Supreme Court granted former Attorney General Martin Amidu's request to orally examine the businessman.
Mr Amidu had earlier told the Court that an opportunity to question the businessman will unravel how Mr Woyome spent the money paid him by government in 2010 for no work done.
Mr Woyome explained the first cheque he paid as an installation in agreement with a court ruling for him to reimburse the state to a tune of GHC51.2 million wrongfully paid to him.
He explained the first cheque he paid as an installation in agreement with a court ruling for him to reimburse the state to a tune of GHC51.2 million wrongfully paid to him.
"I wrote the cheque without writing who it is for because I was confused who the recipient should be," told the press at International Conference Centre in Accra Friday.
He disclosed that said he met the Attorney General to ask for clarification where to pay the money.
According to him, the AG directed to pay into that Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) account which he was told is operated by the Ministry of Finance.
He says upon getting the judgment in his favour he didn't point a gun at anyone to get the money, the money was paid into his personal account, an ADB account.
He adds that EOCO is aware of any disbursement made from that account.
"The list that is going around about sharing money, to who, how??, those who claim they have the list should come out with it"
"OB Amoah is NPP, he worked for me, I paid him. Someone went after him that I have paid him so they were chasing him, how??"
"By the time this case will end, Ghana will pay me a lot of money"
"People say I sponsored people to the world cup, I did that before the debt came in, even if I used that money it is my money, the rest of the money was used to pay vendors who rendered services for me.
"The money was paid to me legally, the court didn't even say I should pay back because it is legal, the court said it is unconstitutional." he said.
Latest Stories
-
Keeny Ice celebrates landmark Wembley performance, thanks Stonebwoy after BHIM Festival UK
15 minutes -
GoldBod hasn’t made any losses; Afenyo-Markin’s claim is ‘hallucinatory’ — Sammy Gyamfi
30 minutes -
Black Star International Film Festival unveils 2026 key art
38 minutes -
Trump threatens Oman over Iran talks as efforts to reopen Strait of Hormuz continue
41 minutes -
DBG to develop tailored financing tools to drive Ghana’s oil palm industry
44 minutes -
Majority Leader James Agalga visits NYA CEO Osman Ayariga to discuss issues of youth development
46 minutes -
NPP Greater Accra chairmanship is preparation for bigger political assignment– Okoe Boye
52 minutes -
A Ghanaian PhD student at Texas Tech University advocates stronger protection for AI Data workers in Africa
1 hour -
Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road
1 hour -
Freda Kingful Abraham Cudjoe: The visionary founder building a creative legacy through Impakers Creative Hub
1 hour -
Tanker drivers suspend strike after BOST commits to fix Kumasi depot challenges
1 hour -
Photos: Stonebwoy’s BHIM Festival at OVO Arena Wembley, London
2 hours -
BoG identifies $4.8bn annual SME financing gap, pushes digital data-driven lending
2 hours -
Labone bank robbery suspect remanded
2 hours -
NTC launches 2026 Ghana Teacher Prize to celebrate outstanding educators
2 hours