Audio By Carbonatix
A 31-year-old Civic Education Teacher who allegedly unleashed his libido on a 10-year-old pupil of his school has been grabbed by the Kaneshie Divisional Police Command.
Suspect Charles Kwodjo Denteh, a class-five teacher of King of Kings International School, Weija SCC, was alleged to have defiled the 10-year-old pupil around 3:30p.m on February 27, 2012.
He was grabbed on Friday March 2, 2012 around 9:00a.m by the police and is currently in cells pending trial.
The victim (named withheld), a primary 4 pupil, according to the mother, was receiving treatment at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
Chief Superintendent Michael K. Avadetse, the Kaneshie Divisional Police Commander, confirmed to Daily Guide that available reports indicated that the suspect taught the child Civic Education.
Reports from the victim indicated that the teacher committed the act last week Monday while school had closed.
According to the child, she, together with some other colleagues, was cleaning the compound after class when the teacher came to call her to his class.
When she got to the classroom, the teacher asked her to undress, which she refused to do. The suspect then allegedly undressed the victim himself and had sex with her in his own classroom.
According to the victim, when she attempted to shout, the suspect covered her mouth with his hands.
The suspect was said to have warned the victim not to disclose what he had done to her to anyone or else she would die.
Mother of the victim, who detected some changes in her daughter, questioned the girl when the latter got home. It was then that the child revealed to the mother that she had been defiled by the suspect.
When the suspect was contacted, he vehemently denied the allegation, but hospital reports received by the police indicated that the child had been defiled.
“We are waiting for the child to recover, since according to the mother, she does not feel anything when she wants to defecate,” Chief Superintendent Avadetse said, adding that the suspect would be arraigned soon.
Meanwhile, suspect Charles Denteh has told the police he has never proposed to a lady before.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
14 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
28 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
42 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
50 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours