Audio By Carbonatix
A man's bitterness for his wife proved fatal for one of his two children at Obuasi after throwing them into a well on Sunday morning.
Thirty-seven-year-old Akwasi Boakye, an electric welder, took his two children, Bismark Kwaku Kwarteng; 4, and Angel Boakye; 2, from their mother and dumped them into a well in his compound, leading to the death of the little girl.
The boy however survived the horrendous action of his father, who has since gone into hiding.
The children, together with their mother, Grace Manu, were on their way to church when the man, with intent to commit the callous act, asked for their release to enable him to offer them food at his home.
Grace, who did not suspect any foul play, willingly released the two kids to her ex-husband and proceeded to church only to be hit by the news about the incident hours later.
The woman was said to have walked out of her marriage with Akwasi Boakye just two months after their wedding, serving the suspect with a divorce notice and returning his ring, GH¢5 bride price and two bottles of schnapps.
Unknown to his ex-wife, this, Daily Guide gathered, made Akwasi Boakye embittered, resulting in the incident which took place on Sunday.
DSP Francis Antwi Boasiako, Obuasi Divisional Crime Officer, who confirmed the incident, told the paper that the suspect was nowhere to be found after allegedly committing the gruesome murder.
The reason behind the man’s action is not known and the police are investigating the case to unravel the mystery surrounding it.
According to him, it took the cry of the 4-year-old boy to attract the attention of co-tenants of the man’s house to the incident because Akwasi Boakye covered the well after throwing the two kids into it.
DSP Antwi Boasiako said before people came to rescue the children, the little girl had drowned under the water and died, leaving only the boy, Bismarck Kwaku Kwarteng, who survived.
He indicated that the body of the girl had been deposited at the Obuasi Municipal Hospital morgue, awaiting autopsy, while the boy had been discharged from the hospital.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
14 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
28 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
42 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
50 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours