Audio By Carbonatix
A Circuit Court at Fiapre, near Sunyani, has sentenced a 33-year-old farmer to 15 years imprisonment with hard labour for defiling a 10 year-old class six pupil at Watro, near Atebubu.
Hamza Muhammad pleaded guilty to the charge of defilement.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Kingsley Baafi told the court, presided over by Mr. Benjamin Osei that Muhammad, a farmer, lived in the same vicinity at Watro as the victim and her parents.
He said on February 27 the victim’s parents travelled out of town, leaving the victim and her siblings in the care of an elder brother, who also went to town in the evening and left the victim to sleep with her younger siblings.
The prosecutor said at about 2300 hours Muhammad sneaked into the room and forcibly defiled her.
Chief Inspector Baafi said the victim shouted for help but that did not deter Muhammad who continued until he became satisfied and left.
The prosecutor said the victim wept until the elder brother returned from town and she narrated her ordeal to him. The other siblings also informed their parents when they came back from the journey the next day.
The parents reported the matter to the police and a medical form was issued to the victim to attend hospital.
Chief Inspector Baafi said the medical report indicated the girl had been defiled and Muhammad was arrested and charged with the offence.
He said Muhammad admitted the offence at the Police Station upon interrogation and asked for forgiveness.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
15 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
29 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
43 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
51 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours