Audio By Carbonatix
A jealous lover who allegedly stabbed his “unfaithful” girlfriend has been granted GHc5,000 bail with two sureties to be justified by the Takoradi Circuit Court “A” on Tuesday
Isaac Kojo Asare, 27, was charged with two counts of causing harm and possessing an offensive weapon.
His plea was not taken but the court adjourned proceedings to April 11, this month for further hearing.
However, the Prosecution insisted that the accused should be remanded into police custody since the second count was a first degree felony but the court overruled the request.
Presenting the facts of the case, Inspector Fuseini Yakubu, told the court presided by Mr. Kwasi Boakye that the complainant is the father of the victim, while the accused, Isaac Kojo Asare, is the boyfriend of the victim.
He said on Wednesday, March 28, this year, at about 2230 hours, the complainant heard a loud cry emanating from the gate leading to his house at Anaji, a suburb of Takoradi.
The complainant came out only to find her daughter lying in a pool of blood reeling in excruciating pain.
The prosecutor said the complainant quickly rushed his daughter to the Kwesimintsim Polyclinic and later reported the incident to the Kwesimintsim Police.
Police investigations revealed that the accused laid ambush near a garden of the girlfriend's house at Anaji, after seeing her going out with another man earlier that day.
Inspector Yakubu said the accused went for a knife from his car and hid in the garden until the girlfriend returned with the man.
He then confronted the girlfriend, which led to a quarrel between them.
Inspector Yakubu said out of anger, the accused pulled the knife and stabbed her several times.
The accused fled after the crime but later reported himself to the Kwesimintsim Police Station where he confessed to the crime in his caution statement.
According to the prosecutor, the docket of the case would be forwarded to the Attorney General's Office for advice.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
15 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
29 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
43 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
51 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours