Audio By Carbonatix
A 38-year-old carpenter who has been snatching peoples’ vehicles at gun point at Weija has been grabbed by the police.
Suspect Kofi Ayensu was grabbed by the Weija police on May 1, 2012 at his girlfriend’s house around 4:30a.m upon a tip off.
Items retrieved from him included a locally manufactured pistol, 4 cartridges, a knife, two mobile phones, two car number plates and a number of complimentary cards.
Two of the stolen vehicles which have been re-sprayed in different colours were also retrieved from the suspect.
Narrating the story to Daily Guide, the Weija District Crime Officer, ASP Kwasi Kwarteng, said suspect Kofi Ayensu had been on the wanted list for some time now.
Around 4:30am on May 1, 2012, upon a tip off that the suspect was lodging with his girlfriend at Ayigbe town near SCC, policemen stormed the house and managed to arrest the suspect.
The police retrieved several items from the suspect, including one of the stolen vehicles, a Nissan Almera which had been re-sprayed into wine.
Ayensu was sent to the station to help in investigations.
On May 3, 2012, the suspect led policemen to retrieve another Nissan Almera which he had also re-sprayed from blue to wine and covered with a tarpaulin at his house at Weija Ayegbe Town.
Initially, the suspect told the police that he bought the two vehicles in Kumasi in the Ashanti region for GH¢6,000 each.
He is currently in custody and will be arraigned before court soon.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
14 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
27 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
42 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
50 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
1 hour -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
1 hour -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours