Audio By Carbonatix
The body of a one-and-half-year-old boy has been retrieved by the police from a bush behind shoprite at Weija in Accra.
The deceased, identified as Uncle Joe, was believed to have been killed by his biological father Samuel Kwadwo Dankwah, a 36-year-old mason, about two weeks ago at Weija.
The body was found hanging on a tree in a bush in a state of decomposition.
Throwing more light on the incident, the Weija District Commander, Superintendent Sadiq Osei, told the Ghanaian Times in Accra on Wednesday, that Danquah was alleged to have earlier killed his two other stepchildren, Evans Kwame Abban, seven, and Dorothy Maame Ama, four, near the Shoprite and later absconded with Uncle Joe whose body was later found hanging on a tree on Wednesday.
He said a boy who was hunting for birds found the body hanging on the tree and raised the alarm.
Supt Osei said the police, who were informed about the incident, proceeded to the scene to remove the body which had been deposited at the Police Hospital mortuary awaiting autopsy.
He said the police had mounted a search for Dankwah, and urged the public to provide information to the police to assist in his arrest.
Supt. Osei said the bodies of the other two children were found in a bush at New Bortianor four days after their murder.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
14 minutes -
Communique: Democracy Not for Sale Forum – Ho Edition
34 minutes -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
35 minutes -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
48 minutes -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
1 hour -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
1 hour -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
2 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
2 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
2 hours -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
2 hours -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
2 hours -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours