The Member of Parliament (MP) for North Tongu Constituency in the Volta Region, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa is excited about the campaign launch of former President John Mahama.
The North Tongu MP has since rallied his support and touted the former president’s bid to contest for the flagbearership position of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
He said this in a tweet on Thursday, March 2.
After H.E. John Mahama’s impressive campaign launch in Ho, we are looking forward to hosting him in our respective constituencies.— Sam Okudzeto Ablakwa (@S_OkudzetoAblak) March 2, 2023
JM is definitely ready to rebuild, reconstruct, recover, restore, reposition & reunite our dear nation.
Together we shall build the Ghana we want. pic.twitter.com/DFfbYMlJyU
Mr Mahama on Thursday, March 2, officially declared his intention to contest for the flagbearership position of the NDC when he launched his campaign at Sokode, in the Volta Region.
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearer hopeful revealed how he intends to transform the economy if given the nod.
The North Tongu MP earlier this year predicted that John Mahama will emerge victorious in the NDC’s flagbearer primaries.
He said that the former president would win with 95% of the total valid votes cast.
In light of this, Mr Ablakwa said he is optimistic about the former president’s vision of restoring the country from its economic mess.
“JM is definitely ready to rebuild, reconstruct, recover, restore, reposition and reunite our dear nation”, he said in the tweet.
He expects to receive Mr Mahama in his constituency once he has launched his bid to contest for the flagbearership position.
Meanwhile, the incumbent MP has since announced his desire to contest for the Parliamentary seat of his constituency on the ticket of the NDC.
We are running unopposed in the North Tongu NDC Parliamentary Primaries— Sam Okudzeto Ablakwa (@S_OkudzetoAblak) February 26, 2023
Another reason to serve my beloved constituents better, stronger, harder & more innovatively
As you very well know, I don’t & will never take your support for granted
Glory be to God 🙏🏽#InspiredToDoMore pic.twitter.com/5VPbPzgbac
In an earlier tweet on February 26, he said “another reason to serve my beloved constituents better, stronger, harder and more innovatively”.
The North Tongu MP is running unopposed for the Parliamentary seat and has expressed his gratitude to be given such an opportunity.
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- Monetary policy tightening in US, others poses challenges to emerging markets – World Bank
- World Bank maintains 1.6% growth rate for Ghana in 2023
- Assin North by-election: Many first-time voters will be disenfranchised if… – Youth Bridge Foundation
- GRA taskforce arrests managers of enterprises over tax infractions
- Suame Interchange construction already commenced ahead of schedule – Urban Roads
- ‘Joining Brighton from Chelsea was not a risk’ – Tariq Lamptey
- GOIL records ¢123.8m profit in 2022; declares ¢0.056 dividend for shareholders
- 2023 NSMQ: Akumfi Ameyaw SHS, 3 others secure national slots
- Reduce duties on raw materials at the ports – AGI to government
- T-bills: Government borrowed ¢11.26bn in May 2023
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- ‘If we do what is right, we will’ – Tariq Lamptey on ending Black Stars trophy drought
- Former Western Region FA Chairman Kojo Yankah declares intention to contest GFA presidential election
- NLC summons GBC staff over industrial action