Throughout the European Championship tournament, online sports betting company, Betway, offered sports betting fans an opportunity to win GHS 20,000 in cash every matchday.
At the end of the promotion – which took place from 11 June to 11 July – 22 Betway customers walked away with the matchday prize, and Akwatia-based Adomako Baafi was the lucky winner of the grand prize of GHS 100,000 in cash.
Baafi topped the leaderboard with a total of 398,741 points. For the promotion, each bet placed earned him 3 points for the leaderboard and each prediction earned him additional points based on the position of the goalscorer he chose.
- Defender – 5 points
- Midfielder – 3 points
- Striker – 2 points
- Own Goal – 1 point
- No Goal – 0.5 points
- Kicker points for goalkeeper – 10 points
At a ceremony to handover the cheque to Baafi, Country Manager – Marketing at Betway Ghana, Kwabena Oppong-Nkrumah mentioned that as the organisation marks its fifth year of operations in Ghana, sports betting fans are to look out for more rewarding and engaging promotions from the leading sports betting company.
“Over the past five years we have run a number of exciting promotions which have seen our players win a number of real-world prizes. We remain committed to offering our players a world-class gaming experience and look forward to rewarding our loyal customers,” he said.
Entry into the Euro Goal Rush leaderboard promotion was free and all daily winners have had their Betway accounts credited with their cash prizes.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- Women have been misled about menopause
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- How to let your personal values lead when looking for love
- New approach to textbook procurement caused delay – Education Minister concedes
- ‘I reach a wider audience when my interviews are done in the Twi language’ – ZionFelix
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Joy Entertainment Unpacking: FIPAG President’s apology letter on behalf of Yaw Dabo
- No Pensions Ministry has been created – Employment and Labour Ministry
- Tommy Liang: Boosting career readiness of Ghanaian youth in ICT
- Chiana-Paga constituents believe Francis Abirigo is the biblical Moses of the constituency
- Accra Marine Drive Project engages Parliamentary Select C’tte on Trade, Industry and Tourism
- Uganda murder charges after fight between Arsenal and Manchester City fans
- Cedi continues stability against dollar; $1 equals ¢12.60