The Secretariat General of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), Wamkele Mene has tested negative for Covid-19 after an earlier PCI test at the Kotoka International Airport had turned out positive.
According to the AfCFTA Secretariat, following the positive test result at KIA, Mr Mane went into quarantine whilst receiving guidance and advice from his medical team, who advised he took another test.
“Consequently, His Excellency undertook two independent tests, from two different private labs. Both independent PCR tests returned a negative result, clearing the Secretary General of Covid 19,” the Secretariat stated in a press release.
However, the Secretariat is concerned the Covid-19 antigen test at KIA produced a false positive result.
They stated that “almost two weeks ago, he received the Johnson & Johnson (J & J) vaccine, which should provide him with an additional measure of protection. His Excellency continues to adhere to all prescribed Covid 19 protocols.”
The Secretariat is, however, not alone in this assertion.
Some travelers who touched down at the Kotoka international airport last weekend are also raising questions about the test and operations of the airport on Covid-19.
Some of them who are currently on mandatory quarantine at Pantang say they have either been denied the opportunity to run a second test or see the results of the second PCI.
Others also say they have never received any medical attention, since they checked into the facility.
They are therefore calling on the government to investigate.
- Gunmen kill wife of GNPC boss’ driver in Kumasi
- We are not in heaven – IGP reacts to calls for his resignation
- IGP commiserates with family of police officer killed by armed robbers
- “Stop watching those telenovelas” – Speaker of Parliament tells Ghanaian women
- Euros On MGL: Ronaldo equals Asamoah Gyan record as Portugal beat Hungary
- BoG warns persons buying or selling foreign currency to desist or face prosecution
- Armed robbery at James Town: Driver of bullion van fairly stable – Surgeon at Korle- Bu
- Police places ¢20k bounty on James Town bullion van robbers
- Family of student-journalist found dead in a hotel room demands justice
- James Town bullion van attack looks like organised crime – Adam Bonaa
Italy to promote expertise in seeds, greenhouse technology and irrigation
Italian cold chain and logistics giants ready for long-term partnerships in Ghana
Business executive accused of spousal murder granted ¢200k bail
Coca-Cola lost $4 billion in market value after soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo suggested people should drink water instead
Bible Society of Ghana – Responding to Mark 16:15 with a Bible for everyone
Dogboe fights Adam Lopez on Saturday
Court throws out man’s appeal against burial of wife he’s accused of killing
Kumawood actor, Agya Manu has passed on
One more victim identified of Mexican students missing for years
‘President needs more than just a Falcon if he is going with more people’ – Nitiwul defends Akufo-Addo’s alleged extravagant foreign travels
Ignore malicious reports regarding bad corporate governance and accounting irregularities related to loans – GCB
Calls for IGP to resign premature – Owusu Amankwah
Public perception of insurance in Ghana
Euros On MGL: Italy v Switzerland betting preview
Euros On MGL: Turkey v Wales betting preview