Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana will play their second AFCON qualifier for 2021 against São Tomé and Principe on Monday, but there’s a little factor that may bother the side.
The pitch at the National Stadium of São Tomé is not great, as the team found out in their training session on Sunday.
This is the Astro turf the Black Stars are going to play on 😳😳 pic.twitter.com/0Bv7fuRP2U
— Benedict Owusu (@KwesiBenedict) November 17, 2019
Joy Sports Benedict Owusu, who is on the island nation to cover the game, tweeted photos of the bumpy and rough surfaces the team tried. The sight has confirmed the worst fears of some of the national team players.
Last week, midfielder Thomas Partey posited that playing the Sao Tomeans will be difficult for precisely this reason. “We are going to play a very difficult match. We are not used to playing on artificial turfs but we are professionals and we have to get used to it and I think we are motivated enough and we have to do our best and get the win,” he told Citi FM. Kickoff is at 1pm Ghana time. --DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
10 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
11 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
19 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
20 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
32 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
34 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
46 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
54 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
55 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
55 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
57 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
60 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour