Audio By Carbonatix
The Attorney General, Dr Dominic Ayine, has withdrawn all charges against one of the co-accused persons in the ongoing criminal case involving the former Director General of the National Signals Bureau (NSB), Kwabena Adu-Boahene, after she agreed to testify for the prosecution.
According to a notice filed at the High Court in Accra on October 15, 2025, Mildred Donkor, the 3rd accused person, has been discharged from prosecution under Section 59 of the Criminal and Other Offences (Procedure) Act, 1960 (Act 30).
The document, signed by the Deputy Attorney General, Dr Justice Srem-Sai, stated that Ms Donkor is being withdrawn from prosecution in respect of all charges brought against her.
She is expected to appear as a prosecution witness in the ongoing trial against Mr Adu-Boahene (1st Accused), Angela Adjei Boateng (2nd Accused), and Advantage Solutions Limited (4th Accused).
In her witness statement, Ms Donkor detailed her long working relationship with Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng, whom she described as acquaintances she met through the Cedar Mountain Assemblies of God Church in East Legon, Accra.
According to her, she became a director of Advantage Solutions Limited at the request of Mr Adu-Boahene (A1), who needed a second director to meet registration requirements. Ms Donkor said that although she was listed as a director, she had no decision-making power and only acted on instructions from Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng (A2).
“I took no major decisions – whether financial, operational or strategic – on my own. I followed the instructions of A1 and A2,” she said in her statement.
Ms Donkor told prosecutors that she managed several transactions on behalf of the accused, including the withdrawal and delivery of large cash sums from bank accounts belonging to Advantage Solutions Limited and another firm, BNC Communications Bureau Limited.
She revealed that Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng provided her with pre-signed cheque books, allowing her to fill in amounts as instructed and withdraw sums ranging from GH¢2,000 to GH¢1 million at a time. She added that an indemnity letter had been lodged with the bank to authorise her to make withdrawals as a third party.
According to her, she routinely delivered the withdrawn cash either directly to Mr Adu-Boahene, Madam Adjei Boateng, or to Madam Margaret Aba Donkor, identified as Mr Adu-Boahene’s mother.
In one transaction she cited, Madam Adjei Donkor said Mr Adu-Boahene directed the transfer of GH¢2.5 million from the account of BNC Communications Bureau Limited to I-ZAR Limited, a company owned by Rashida Saani, on April 29, 2020.
She added that she had never been formally employed by Advantage Solutions Limited, had no contractual terms, and acted purely on ad hoc instructions from the two main accused persons.
Latest Stories
-
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 minutes -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
10 minutes -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
16 minutes -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
32 minutes -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
37 minutes -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
39 minutes -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
45 minutes -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
2 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
2 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
3 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General SuperintendentÂ
3 hours -
Less than 20km of clearing left to connect Accra-Kumasi Expressway to Kumasi – Agbodza
3 hours -
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
3 hours -
MCEs collecting fees from galamseyers are facilitating illegality – Ken Ashigbey
3 hours -
Developer LMI Holdings commits to completing first 700 Saglemi housing units
4 hours