National Security Minister Albert Kan Dapaah on Thursday delivered a special message from President Akufo-Addo to Mali’s Interim President, Colonel Assimï Goita, in Bamako.
He led a delegation from Accra, which held extensive discussions behind closed doors with Col. Goita on security in West Africa and the Sahel.
Speaking to the media after the meeting, Mr Kan-Dapaah said Ghana has had long historical and bilateral relations with Mali dating back to the early post-colonial years and was, therefore, interested in the welfare and progress of the Malian people.
“We did talk about how we can be of help to each other because a fire in your neighbour’s house has to be of concern to you,” he said.
Col. Goita, he said, extended “warm greetings” to President Akufo-Addo, adding that Ghana looked forward to further engagements with Mali.
Members of the delegation included Maj. Gen Adu-Amanfoh, Ambassador Kwabena Osei-Danquah, Special Adviser to the Foreign Ministry, Benedict Dere, Executive Secretary of the Accra Initiative, and Napoleon Abdulai, Ghana’s Ambassador in Mali.
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Protect KNUST brand for sustainable growth – KNUST VC urges alumni
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling