The Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, says government is bent on implementing programmes and policies that will consolidate Ghana’s gains in democracy and peace.
According to him, more efforts are being made by the President to make the country the epitome of peace in Africa and beyond.
This is achievable because President Akufo-Addo is the current Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Chair, Dr Bawumia observed.
“He [President Akufo-Addo] will continue to pursue programmes and policies which consolidate our gains in our democratic credentials and work towards a peaceful and sustainable Africa. The quest for peace and stability on the continent cannot be told down.
“It is an essential bedrock in realising resilient and sustainable societies,” he said after receiving the Young Democrat Union of Africa (YDUA) Africa Peace Award on behalf of President Akufo-Addo.
A citation that accompanied the award noted that Mr Akufo-Addo’s ability to restore peace in the Dagbon Kingdom, among other significant interventions he has made both locally and internationally merited the prize.
“Our decision to honour the works of this very astute man for his decades of service to rule of law, democracy, press freedom and peace is not only admirable but presents great lessons to many.
“In all, his efforts to ensure that Ghana is enjoying peace and stability are enviable and his steps towards averting the urge for undemocratic regime change in West Africa as Chairman of the Economic Community of West African States, we believe is worth commending considering the prospects,” it said.
- Akufo-Addo’s travels have benefits, what about yours? – Presidency to Ablakwa
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- IMANI Africa lists 10 challenges with National Cathedral
- Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
- Ablakwa seeking to achieve prominence with negative attacks on Akufo-Addo – Presidency
- MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
- Presidential travels: We’re reaping the rewards of bitter seeds – Presidency on Ablakwa’s allegations
- NPP Flagbearership race: I have not declared support for Bawumia – Asabee
- Current government is tolerant – Asabee
- Police seeks court ruling on time and location of Arise Ghana protest
‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
NPP Internal Race: Northern Regional delegates endorse Dr Charles Dwamena for National Treasurer
400 teachers in Obuasi receive special training on new curriculum
Chelsea: Petr Cech to leave role as technical and performance adviser
Agricultural productivity in Ghana grows 72% within 9 years – AfDB
Human Trafficking: Ghana Police Service rescue 9 victims on Lake Volta
Court to rule on time and location of Arise Ghana demonstration today
Samini, Wande Coal set to thrill patrons at DMV Party in the Park
Atwima Mponua Rural Bank increases profit margins by 100% in 4 years
DVLA defends position as best procurement institution in public sector
G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China’s Belt and Road initiative￼
Cape Coast – Twifo Praso road to be closed today for repair works on Junkwa bridge
Intravenous Infusions announces increase in revenue of 9.6% for 2021 financial year
Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Today’s front pages: Monday, June 27, 2022