Audio By Carbonatix
Angola's justice minister says the country has so far this year recovered more than $5bn (£3.8bn) stolen from the state.
Francisco Queiroz said this included $3bn siphoned off from the sovereign wealth fund.
He said some countries were obstructing Angola's efforts to track down the looted funds.
The son of Angola's former President Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who headed the sovereign wealth fund is on trial for corruption. Jose Filomeno dos Santos denies the charges.
Angolan President Joao Lourenco has vowed to crack down on the country's massive corruption problem.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
12 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
27 minutes -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
50 minutes -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
50 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
51 minutes -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
2 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
2 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
2 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours -
Publican AI and the A–B–C Corridor
5 hours -
Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan
5 hours -
Attacks on Ebola centres intensify in eastern DRC amid outbreak fears
5 hours