There could be more winter coming to HBO, with another "Game of Thrones" prequel potentially advancing to the pilot stage.
Author George R.R. Martin is working on a project set roughly 300 years before events depicted in the series, according to Deadline.
HBO declined comment on the report, which characterized the show as focusing on events that would eventually lead to the fall of House Targaryen, one of the major ruling families featured in Martin's books and the hugely popular series, which ended its run in May.
Martin is said to be deriving the program from his book "Fire & Blood," and developing the pilot with Ryan Condal, whose credits include co-creating the show "Colony" with "Lost" producer Carlton Cuse.
Emilia Clarke in 'Game of Thrones'
HBO has already produced another related pilot that takes place thousands of years before "Game of Thrones," starring Naomi Watts. The network has yet to take the next step of ordering a full series based on that concept.
Additional spinoffs of the series were placed in development when HBO learned that "Thrones" would be ending, as the cable network — like CNN, a unit of WarnerMedia — sought to retain a connection to its most popular franchise.
Martin has periodically kept fans abreast of possible additions to the "Game of Thrones" mythology via his blog.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills