On Monday 10th October 2022, the Super Morning Show on Joy FM conducted a live phone interview with Nana Nyowah Panyin IV of Dompim-Pepesa in the Western Region about the worrying impact of ‘galamsey’ on the Dompim-Pepesa community as captured in the Joy News documentary ‘Destruction for Gold’.
In the course of the interview, he mentioned Regional Minister Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah and Tarkwa Nsuem MP, George Mireku Duker as people he knew to be involved in the illegal business.
Host Kojo Yankson promptly demanded proof of the allegation. Our host steered off the allegation and issued a disclaimer when Nana Panyin IV sought to insist he was speaking the truth.
It is regretted that this encounter was soon published on www.myjoyonline.com. This was later taken down and disciplinary proceedings commenced to avoid a recurrence.
Messrs. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah and George Mireku Duker both deny the allegation and assure their commitment to fighting ‘galamsey’.
We once again dissociate Joy FM and Myjoyonline.com from the same, retract and apologize, sincerely to Messrs. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah and George Mireku Duker.
Francis Fiifi Koomson
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Nigeria election 2023: The oil land with no electricity
- Pope in DR Congo: ‘Hands off Africa’ says Pope Francis in Kinshasa speech
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDE: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh
- SIGA targets 25% contribution to GDP by SOEs in 2023
- First male principal leads St. Monica’s College of Education
- Education Minister to appear before Education Committee of Parliament over ‘Placement for Sale’ documentary
- Playback: PM Express discuss final deadline for debt exchange
- We request for total exemption in DDE – Individual Bondholders Forum insists