The Appianyinasehene of Juaben in the Ashanti Region has commissioned new KG block and playing grounds in memory of his late sister Ama Penamang for Owusu Forkuo RC Primary.
The two facilities form part of Nana Kwanin Kwanfo II’s educational project aimed at supporting the Otumfuo Osei Tutu Education Fund.
The two-unit classroom block is furnished with tables, chairs, and other learning materials.
In like manner, the astroturf playground is fenced with woven wire and stocked with toys designed for the various age categories.
With regard to what inspired him to construct the facilities, he said ” Like the Asantehene, providing platforms for education has been my passion.
“We started with an annual mass distribution of stationary to some basic schools in the Juaben Municipality many years ago.
“What we are witnessing today is a testament to our quest to make sure kids in the municipality receive a sound education. The basics are very important, when they get it right at that level, it makes it easier to build on that foundation.
“We will continue to make education our top most priority in the municipality to support Otumfuo’s educational project.”
The Juabenhene Nana Otuo Sereboe II commended the Appianyinasehene highly for his immense contribution to education in the area.
Meanwhile, the Appianyinasehene recently commissioned a modern-day Palace at Juaben also in the Municipality.
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- EFF joins other Pan African movements to stand with the people of Sudan
- Popular actress opens up about her past: From love to hatred towards her mother
- Ghana Climate Innovation Centre to host the 5th annual Incubating Climate Innovation Symposium
- ‘Sex for grades’ outlawed by Nigeria’s parliament
- Book Review: ‘Her Virginity’; thinking she was loved by the best!
- Camidoh nominated in 2023 BET Awards
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Wendy Shay thrills music lovers as she gets featured by one of Haiti’s biggest music star, K-Dilak
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Anthrax outbreak: FDA attributes it to butchers’ disregard for food safety standards
- Fight against galamsey: Residents of Segyemase worried about destruction of their water bodies
- District Education leaders embark on Change Leadership Programme
- Black Stars midfielder Salis Abdul Samed signs one-year contract extension with Lens
- Chelsea reject Emerson Palmieri makes history with Conference League win