Traditional ruler Appianyinasehene of Juaben Traditional Area in the Ashanti Region Nana Kwanin Kwanfo II has yet again supported basic schools in his area.
The chief on Friday presented 51 sets of chairs to two basic schools; Juaben Presbyterian Primary and Methodist Primary.
Nana Kwanin Kwanfo II said the gesture forms part of his quest to support Otumfuo’s educational project in the country.
“I have always maintained that education is key to the development of any society; especially at the formative stages.
“When you get the basics right, it makes it easier to build on it at the higher level, hence my decision to zero in at the basic level.
“Children sitting on the floor and on blocks to write and study should be a thing of the past.”
School Improvement Support Officer (SISO) for Juabeng East Circuit, Osei Asumeng Enoch; Juaben Methodist Primary headteacher, John Asamoah and Juaben Presbyterian Primary headteacher, Kingsley Osei in separate thanks to the traditional ruler for his continued support.
The Appianyinasehene for close to a decade consistently supported basic schools in his area with educational materials and scholarships, the recent being a classroom block and a modern-day furnished playground.
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham