A group of armed men over the weekend reportedly broke into the Palace of the Okuapehemea and disrupted the 40-day remembrance of the family head, Barima Asante Amiri.
It is alleged that the group, led by the Bamuhene, on August 6, opened fire upon arrival at the scene.
Grandson of Okuapehemea, Kwabena Boako, who questioned the motive of the group is said to have been shot in the leg.
According to sources, personnel from the Police Service who were present at the scene failed to address the situation.
The armed men are said to have fired into the air for over an hour.
Again, the group reportedly seized the drums of the Queen mother; which is said to indicate a declaration of war.
Meanwhile, Kwabena Boafo has been admitted at the Koforidua General Hospital and is receiving treatment.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations