The Chief Operating Officer (COO) of UBA Ghana, Felix Ugbebor has said that ATM operations form a critical part of branding for any Bank.
The UBA COO was speaking at a conference at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel at this year’s ATM Innovation Roadshow organised by INLAKS, an Information Technology Solutions provider.
The conference was under the theme, “Self Service Innovation Summit: The changing landscape of ATMs and Mobile Technology.”
Presenting on the topic “The Role of ATM Operations in Brand Transformation, Mr Ugbebor outlined three key points, saying “An ATM should be seen as a brand ambassador for financial institutions. Gone are the days where ATMs were simply seen as ‘cash-and-dash’ machines. These days they stand out, giving visibility to a bank’s brand even in locations where the bank is not physically present.”
He added, “For financial institutions to remain competitive, it is essential to have an updated set of ATMs which are equipped with the latest technology and functionality.
“At UBA, we recognize the importance of technology to enhance banking convenience and that’s why we have invested in our ATMs operations to meet industry standards and speak to our brand.”
Mr Ugbebor concluded, “Your ATM is your brand, offering more than advanced functionality and convenience to customers.
“ATM provides an array of services at the customer’s convenience, creating unique opportunities for brand visibility, customer loyalty and increased revenue.”
The other topics presented on the day included Next Generation and Global Trend, Digital Wave, addressing current industry challenges with cash management, which other banking experts led.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- 2022 World Cup: Jordan, Gideon Mensah start as Otto Addo makes three changes for South Korea clash
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Absa Bank adjudged Best Company in STEM Education
- 4 dead in Somalia hotel siege
- Interior Ministry declares Friday as a public holiday
- Government records oversubscription of T-bills sale for second week running
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants
- Teachers and students at Sandema embrace STEM Bootcamp
- Ghana’s domestic debt restructuring options: debt ‘haircut’, debt reprofiling or combination of both
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children