“Avengers” star Jeremy Renner is in “critical but stable condition” after getting into an accident involving a snow plow.
The “Hawkeye” star sustained injuries “after experiencing a weather-related accident while plowing snow earlier today” in Nevada, his rep said late Sunday.
“His family is with him and he is receiving excellent care.”
Page Six has reached out to Renner’s rep for an update on his condition.
Renner, 51, has a home about 25 miles outside of Reno near Mt. Rose-Ski Tahoe, according to the Reno Gazette-Journal.
A winter storm hit the area on New Year’s Eve that caused 35,000 homes to lose power, the publication said.
“I have so much respect for Mother Earth, and Mother Nature,” Renner posted in an Instagram video from mid-December. “I expect to lose the fight but I’ll always give it my best shot.”
The “Tag” actor has become known as a passionate fighter against natural disasters in the area, having launched a campaign to build a Tahoe fire station to “help fight fires” in December 2021.
“I’m actually building a station at the house in Tahoe because it is a hot zone for fires,” Renner he told singer and daytime talkshow host Kelly Clarkson when she asked about him being a volunteer fire chief.
“I work with the fire departments up there and they are pretty awesome. They are teaching me and helping me, and I still have to get some more hours in with them.”
Although Renner is best known for his role in the Marvel universe, he also scored a Best Actor Oscar nomination in 2010 for “The Hurt Locker” and landed a Supporting Actor Oscar nomination the next year for “The Town.”
Renner and his ex-wife Sonni Pacheco are parents to daughter Ava Berlin, 9.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- NDC stands a little chance above NPP in Assin North by-election – Dr Asah-Asante
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development