A leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has provided free Health Insurance registration for over 1000 people at Sekyere East Constituency in the Ashanti Region as he marks his 40th Birthday.
Richard Barima Sarpong and his team divided the entire constituency into four zones in a two-day exercise expected to register thousands of constituents onto NHIS.
Beneficiary communities include Bepose, Boanim, Kona, Afonamaso, Wiamose, Asamang, Agona and Jamasi as the selected centers.
The massive registration exercise is expected to cover natives across different age categories amidst recent economic crisis, and the project is dubbed Barima@40 Free NHIS Registration.
Mr. Barima Sarpong, heavily tipped to contest the upcoming NPP Primaries in the constituency, has already carved a niche for himself on the political space.
He is noted for his undiluted taste for youth empowerment and economic emancipation at the grass root level.
Each registration center is expected to register hundreds of beneficiaries for free as the son of the soil returns to give back to society.
Barima Sarpong holds a Master’s Degree in Development Communication and a Degree in Law on the educational journey.
His political ascension has been celebrated within the elephant family in the Ashanti Region and the country at large.
He is expected to make an official bid for the 2023 parliamentary primaries of the New Patriotic Party.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company
- Military officers from 6 Infantry Battalion end 4-week course on violent extremism in Tamale
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor