Bayport Savings and Loans will be enhancing investments in environmental, social and corporate governance activities to improve living conditions of citizens across the country.
This according to the company will support efforts by the state to provide social amenities in areas that are needed.
Chief Commercial Officer for Bayport Savings and Loans, Allen Jubin disclosed this after the company presented a state-of-the-art incubator and photo-therapy equipment to the Agogo Presbyterian Hospital in the Ashanti Region.
The donation will advance the treatment and care for pre-term babies specifically, and broadly help prevent infant mortality at the hospital which is a critical referral health facility in the region.
Allen Jubin, told journalists that the contribution to Agogo Hospital is in line with the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) commitments, which seek to bring real benefits to the communities in which it operates.
“Bayport chose to support the Agogo Hospital through the Brogya Foundation because it aligns very much with our ESG agenda for the next five years that focuses on health – as we’re seeing today – and education. The latter takes the form of scholarships for gifted but needy students,” he said.
Mr. Jubin indicated that pre-term care remains a critical aspect of healthcare delivery in the quest to significantly reduce cases of infant mortality in the country. Bayport hoped that the donated equipment will assist the hospital to save the lives of both babies and mothers.
“We intend to continue with donations such as this to ensure that the communities in which we operate can benefit from more than our financial services as we empower and grow with them,” he added.
Dompiahene of Agogo and founder of the Brogya Foundation, Nana Bediako Brogya Sarpong, upon whose request the donation was made to the hospital, expressed appreciation to Bayport for heeding to the call of the foundation to reach out to the health facility.
“It’s my prayer that other companies will support the Brogya Foundation to improve the lives of children in Agogo and surrounding communities; we are an open and transparent organisation and will continue to lead a good cause by ensuring that whatever support that we get goes to the right place,” he indicated.
General Manager of the Agogo Hospital, Mr. Alex Kesse, said that the equipment will help the facility to operate at the optimum level in taking care of pre-term babies and their mothers.
He indicated that the facility, which serves the Asante Akyem area and surrounding communities, has only six phototherapy machines and five incubators
The Bayport team also paid a courtesy visit to the Paramount Chief of the Agogo Traditional Area, Nana Kwame Akuoko Sarpong, who commended them on the decision to support the town’s healthcare facility.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor