Audio By Carbonatix
Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati has announced a day of mourning for Friday, a day after deadly fighting erupted in Beirut.
At least six people were killed and 32 others injured when gunfire broke out in the Lebanese capital.
It began during a protest by the Shia Muslim groups Hezbollah and Amal against the judge investigating last year's huge blast at the city's port.
They say snipers from the Christian Lebanese Forces (LF) shot at crowds.
The LF faction has denied instigating what was some of Lebanon's worst violence in years.
"We will not allow anyone to take the country hostage to their own interests," the country's President Michel Aoun said.
Huge tension surrounds the inquiry into the port explosion that killed 219 in August 2020.
Swathes of the city were devastated by the blast, but no-one has yet been held accountable.
Hezbollah and its allies say the investigating judge is biased, but the victims' families support his work.
What began as a protest outside the Palace of Justice - the main court building - by hundreds of people arguing the investigation had become politicised and demanding the removal of Judge Tarek Bitar quickly escalated.

Heavy gunfire erupted in the streets as the crowd passed through a roundabout in the central Tayouneh-Badaro area.
Local residents had to flee their homes and schoolchildren ducked for cover under their desks as men armed with automatic rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers - believed to have been members of Shia and Christian militias - exchanged fire in the streets.
The clashes continued for several hours before calm was restored.
At a nearby school, teachers instructed young children to lie face down on the ground with their hands on their heads, a witness told Reuters news agency.
Hospital and military sources said some of those killed had been shot in the head. They included a woman who was hit by a stray bullet while inside her home.
Latest Stories
-
KMA donates 400 recycled plastic desks to four Kumasi SHSs
6 seconds -
IES calls for enforcement of Ghana’s Domestic Market Obligation as TOR resumes operations
3 minutes -
Galamsey destroying fish farms, threatening aquaculture – Fisheries Commission
16 minutes -
Adu-Boahene trial put on hold pending Supreme Court decision on legal vacation
25 minutes -
Toxic exposure from galamsey puts elderly at greater risk of kidney damage — Public health expert
48 minutes -
Big talk, small receipts: the politics of promises and policy
49 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana will reduce 70% medicine import dependence under five-year plan
52 minutes -
Study reveals high rate of uropathogens among Ghanaian elderly
54 minutes -
Christabel wins first Star Chef title as Big Chef Season 5 begins
54 minutes -
Tanker drivers begin three-day strike over alleged fuel measurement inaccuracies at BOST Kumasi
56 minutes -
Trump says US to reduce military drills with South Korea after it stayed out of Iran war
57 minutes -
Greater Manchester NDC UK branch elects new executives
58 minutes -
Ghana’s anti-corruption fight has stagnated— Transparency International
1 hour -
UMB, ORC partner to make business registration easier for entrepreneurs
1 hour -
Cedi is ‘long overdue for a refresh’ – Mahama
1 hour