Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been found not guilty of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault at Chester Crown Court.
Jurors could not reach verdicts on one count of rape and one of attempted rape, following a six-month trial.
The prosecution is seeking a retrial.
Louis Saha Matturie, 41, was also found not guilty of three counts of rape. Jurors failed to reach verdicts on three counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault against him.
Mr Mendy covered his face with both hands as the jury foreman repeated "not guilty" to the six counts, which related to four young women or teenagers.
The unanimous verdicts were delivered on Wednesday by the seven men and four women on the jury, one juror having been discharged earlier for medical reasons.
The verdicts could not be reported until jurors concluded considering the remaining two counts, after they were given a majority direction by Judge Steven Everett, meaning he would accept a 10-1 majority on any verdict.

But after 14 days of deliberation, jurors could not reach verdicts on Mr Mendy's alleged attempted rape of a woman, 29, in 2018 and the alleged rape of another woman, 24, in October 2020.
Both men had been on trial since 10 August, accused of multiple sexual offences by 13 women.
Lockdown-busting parties were held both at Mr Mendy's home and an apartment he rented on Chapel Street near Manchester city centre, the court heard.
He was first arrested in November 2020 and was suspended by his club in August 2021, after he was charged with rape.
The prosecution has sought a retrial on the two counts the jury failed to reach a verdict on.
Matthew Conway, prosecuting, said: "The prosecution has made a decision. We have made a decision today, which is to proceed on these counts in two separate trials and we seek today a provisional case management."
A statement from Manchester City said: "Given there are open matters related to this case, the club is not in a position to comment further at this time."
The allegations and trial had been "absolute hell" for Mr Mendy, the court heard, with his life in football "over" as he would "never escape" the accusations.
Latest Stories
-
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
56 minutes -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
1 hour -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
1 hour -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
2 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
3 hours -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
4 hours -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
4 hours -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
4 hours -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
4 hours -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
4 hours -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
5 hours -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
5 hours -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
5 hours -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
5 hours -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
6 hours