Christopher Andofo Junior, who went swimming in the company of two friends, is alleged to have been carried away by high currents of the water following recent rains.
The two swimming partners who took the police to the scene of the incident are still traumatized.
Relatives of one of the children say they do not see their son recovering from the trauma immediately.
According to them, a few minutes into the swimming, they realized their friend was drowning but their efforts to rescue him were unsuccessful.
Residents also attempted unsuccessfully to find the boy.
“When we got information that a boy has drowned, we called in divers. They searched for hours but were not successful. But we believe the body hasn’t been washed afar”, Ali is a resident.
Father of the missing boy, Christopher Andofo, says his son’s said he was joining others to play football within the vicinity.
The children walked for at least 15 minutes to the stream which is located in an area under development.
Residents here say children from other areas frequently ignored warnings to swim in the stream.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’