Audio By Carbonatix
The National Youth Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has welcomed Brogya Genfi’s decision to withdraw his suit against his election.
George Opare Addo says the decision is refreshing.
According to him, it paves the way for the collective focus of the youth wing to work towards winning the 2024 elections.
“I have received the news of the statement written by Mr Brogya Genfi, an immediate past aspirant for the position of National Youth Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
"I welcome his decision as it is in the right direction. Our party is one that emphasizes on ensuring the right procedures and regulations are adhered to.
"I am glad that finally my brother is rallying support behind the youth wing irrespective of our differences,” he said in a press release issued on Thursday."
Mr Opare Addo also thanked party leaders who intervened in the issue especially Former President, John Dramani Mahama.
“He has shown once again that he is the leader our party needs at this crucial time of our history,” he added.

Brogya Genfi earlier on Thursday, December 22, withdrew his suit challenging George Opare Addo’s victory.
In a press release issued by Mr Genfi, he said the decision to withdraw the suit was after the intervention of former President, John Dramani Mahama.
According to him, out of the respect he has for the former President, who is a “father” to him, he has withdrawn the case in the interest of the party.
“I was determined to pursue this matter to its logical conclusion mainly on grounds of principle and to forestall a similar occurrence in the future.
“But, upon the intervention of the former President and flag-bearer of the National Democratic Congress, H.E John Dramani Mahama, who I consider a father, I have decided to withdraw the matter from the court and to abide by the outcome of the election as declared by the party”, he said.
Mr Genfi and two other TEIN members secured an interim injunction at the Amasaman High Court against Opare Addo, popularly known as Pablo.
However, the NDC disregarded same and proceeded to swear him into office on Sunday, December 18.
Latest Stories
-
GJA President urges Ghana to weigh environmental and social costs alongside mining revenues
1 minute -
Irresponsible mining: The land is not your own – Prof Mike Oquaye cautions
9 minutes -
62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing in Russia-Ukraine war – Ablakwa
10 minutes -
GJA President urges responsible, sustainable mining
11 minutes -
Ghana must take charge of its mineral resources – Prof. Mike Oquaye
17 minutes -
KickedIn uses technology to connect African football talent with global opportunities
18 minutes -
GoldBod did not record GH¢22bn loss; audited accounts show GH¢5.44bn surplus – Institute of Fiscal Policy Governance
22 minutes -
Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse
25 minutes -
Ga Mantse calls for measurable CSR and stronger local participation in mining communities
31 minutes -
Ga Mantse urges mining industry to protect communities beyond the life of mines
46 minutes -
Empowerher in Upper West region
1 hour -
Ga Mantse challenges mining stakeholders to consider long-term impact of Ghana’s mineral wealth
1 hour -
Afenyo-Markin accuses GoldBod of mismanaging Ghana’s gold resources
1 hour -
Non-interest banking products must meet required standards – BoG Governor to NIFAC
1 hour -
Social licence to mine can be withdrawn – Ga Mantse warns mining companies
1 hour