The efficient manner in which AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited (AGA) manages its Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) has been appreciated at the maiden edition of the Ghana Business Awards.
At the event, which was held recently in Accra, the company’s efforts were rewarded with the “Excellence in HSEQ of the year’ award.
The citation that accompanied the award said, “it is in recognition of AGA’S efforts in introducing effective safety measures and demonstrable improvements in occupational health and safety as well as in risk reduction”.
Over the years, AGA has therefore established efficient HSEQ management systems and processes at its corporate offices as well as the mining sites.
These systems and processes have ensured that workers of the company are well protected while on duty. The staff are subjected to elaborate health and safety procedures with caution signs displayed at vantage points.
Commenting on the award, Nana Ampofo Bekoe, Sustainability Manager of AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi said, “at AGA, safety is our first value. We are delighted about this recognition which confirms the importance we attach to health and safety matters at AGA.
“The award is an indication that we are on the right track with respect to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality issues at AGA and it will motivate us to do more in that direction”.
He stated that AGA places people first and is responsible for seeking new and innovative ways to ensure that the work environment is free of occupational injury and illness.
“We live each day for each other and use our collective commitment, talents, resources and systems to deliver on our most important commitment which is to care for our people,” Mr. Bekoe said.
The Ghana Business Awards is an awards scheme that recognizes and rewards excellence across all sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
It also provides the platform to recognize the efforts of individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of the business sector.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by 2018- Finance Minister
- Achievements of the Akufo-Addo gov't in 22 months
- Gov't to launch Rearing for Food and Jobs program to check imports
- Gov’t targets 7.8% GDP growth in 2019
- 2019 Budget: 'GH¢9.9bn spent to clean banking sector'
- 80% of DKM customer claims paid – Ofori-Atta
- Govt settles 80% of DKM depositors; 20% yet to reach agreement
- Standard Bank’s IT revamp puts more than 500 jobs on the line
- 2019 Budget Live Update: Finance Minister says we shall not return to Egypt
- Predictions: 2019 Budget Presentation
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana