The Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, has indicated government's effort to introduce electronic visa to ease the acquisition of Ghanaian visas in the diaspora.
He made this known, when he met with members of Ghana Chamber of Commerce in New York, as part of his official visit to the United States of America.
He also took the opportunity to bring to speed, government’s activities that are focused on making Ghana a business-friendly environment especially, with the use of technology.
He mentioned the introduction of the paperless system at the ports and a mobile app that has made transactions at the ports seamless and cost of doing business there cheaper as well as the Mobile Money Interoperability that has enhanced the cashless system.
Digital Property Address System, digital land registration, the Ghana card by the National Identification Authority plus the use of drones to deliver essential medical supplies, were all mentioned in his remarks.
The Vice President also touted Ghana's economic success in recent times, the decrease of government's deficit, reduction of interest rate, reduction in trade-in-balance as well as the increase in international reserves which he said, have increased Ghana's international sovereign rating.
He assured the business community of their secured investments because “Ghana is peaceful in the sub-region and the rule of law works” while encouraging them to seriously consider investing back home.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 22
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO