Audio By Carbonatix
An Accra Circuit Court on Monday granted bail in the sum of ₵30,000.00 with two sureties to the sales-girl of a boutique for allegedly stealing.
Regina Amegbe, 20, had been charged with stealing, which, she has denied. The Court presided over by Mrs Susana Eduful adjourned the trial to May 16, 2022.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Samuel Ahiagbor told the Court that, the complainant, Isaac Osei Darko is a businessman and owner of Copa Men’s Wear Boutique located at La Wireless, while he resides at Gbawe CP in Accra.
The prosecution said the accused person lives at Tse Addo at La also in Accra. Chief Inspector Ahiagbor said the accused person had been working at the boutique for about a year now and keeps the keys after work.
The prosecution said on March 3, 2021, the complainant had a phone call from the accused person at 9:30 pm that thieves had come into the shop.
He said the complainant rushed to the shop and saw that a lot of things in the shop had been taken away.
The prosecution said the complainant quickly played back the Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) in the shop and it revealed that the accused person had closed earlier at 7 pm locked up the shop and gone home but returned later with a guy with a black polythene bag.
Chief Inspector Ahiagbor said the two went into the shop and were seen packing men’s suits, shirts, trousers, watches, perfumes, shoes, and T-shirts all valued at ₵25,181.00 in the bag and bolted.
The prosecution said the accused person was arrested and a formal complaint was lodged against her.
He said the accused person admitted going to the shop with the guy but indicated that she was tricked by the guy.
Latest Stories
-
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
5 minutes -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
7 minutes -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
9 minutes -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
11 minutes -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
13 minutes -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
26 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
26 minutes -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
2 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
2 hours -
Samuel Jinapor calls for independent inquiry into Burkina Faso attack
2 hours -
Blend Festival wows audience at Polo Club Gardens
2 hours -
Journalists urged to prioritise safety when reporting on children
2 hours -
Make Accra Beautiful Again (MABA)
2 hours -
Love Beyond Roses: Olive Tower ignites hearts at ‘Time with Mama Portia’ Valentine seminar
2 hours -
Gov’t warns against non-essential travel to high-risk areas after Burkina Faso attack
2 hours
