The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, presided over the Asanteman Durbar or Convocation of chiefs and queens on Beale Street in Memphis, Tennesse in the United States of America.
Sunday’s event forms part of the Memphis In May International Festival activities.
There was a procession and general assembly of chiefs and queens dressed in their rich traditional regalia.
It was one sight to take in as sumptuous and colourful cloths, bodily adornments including gold headgear, necklaces, armbands, and bracelets were on display.
The event also featured local drums and musical instruments as they re-affirm the magnificence of the Asante kingdom’s political power, identity, and culture in all its manifestations.
Photos by kind courtesy of The Kingdom of Asante
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021
- Book containing late Prof Mills’ SONA christened “Atta Mills Speaks” launched
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu