Testimonies about Christian Atsu’s selflessness continue to pour in since his death was announced in February.
Today, family, friends, footballers and top personalities including President Akufo-Addo have gathered to pay their last respect to the late Hatayspor player.
One of them was veteran commentator Kwabena Yeboah, who filed past the body this morning as the former Black Stars player’s funeral is being held at the forecourt of the State House in Accra.
Speaking to JoyNews, Mr Yeboah eulogised Christian’s humility despite being at the pinnacle of his career.
For him, the late footballer’s humility is worth emulating.
“He never allowed his fame and well to get into his head. Often times when footballers get very famous, they tend to be a bit haughty and they tend to be a bit super zealous. He never ever got to that point. He never forgot his roots,” he added.
Atsu, 31, was found dead on February 18, 2023, following the devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria on February 6, which killed more than 50,000 people in both countries.
His last club was Hatayspor club.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Ibrahim Tanko confident of Black Meteors victory against Algeria
- Play Soccer Ghana partners Manchester City Cityzens giving to mark World Water Day
- Kejetia Market fire: Managers ignored systematic flaws – City authorities
- Chewing gum improves academic performance
- Lori Harvey and Damson Idris reportedly split after three month whirlwind romance
- African sport rocked by sexual abuse allegations in DR Congo and Cameroon
- Ministerial nominees: Stalemate persists; Minority determined not to approve – Ablakwa
- Global Economic Challenges: Time is right to see value of insurers – Owusu-Banahene
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi