The organisers of the Ghana Outstanding Women Awards (GOWA) have named two of Ghana’s finest live show hosts, Clemento Suarez and Gladys Owiredu as hosts of this year’s awards ceremony.
The awards night billed for October 1, 2021, at the Marriott Hotel in Accra would confer honours on Ghanaian women who have impacted the growth of the country in areas such as politics, health, education, sports and showbiz.
Organised by ASKOF Productions, this will be the first time the two will be hosting an event with international recognition together.
Clemento Suarez and Gladys Owiredu are expected to bring a lot of professionalism and skills to bear on the day of the event that will be graced by a large number of showbiz personalities, politicians, business executives among others.
It will witness performances from some selected artistes such as Praye, Ohemaa Woyeje who recently released her hit song titled ‘Jungle Hunt’ featuring Jamaican act, KGenius, and a host of others.
The organisers say music fans who will attend the event will have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy performances from the artists billed for the event.
They added that the event will create the perfect atmosphere for busy scheduled people to meet periodically to have fun, release stress whiles strengthening and making business contacts.
According to them, it will be a night of energetic music, splendid set design, lighting, creative stage and exceptional sound quality.
Some popular female celebrities such as Deloris Frimpong Manso (Delay), Nana Aba Anamoah, Nana Ama McBrown, Stacy Amoateng, and Afia Pokua are among some of the personalities who will be honoured at the event dubbed “Tasty Tom Ghana Outstanding Women Awards”.
Nominees for the Outstanding Woman of the Year category include Nana Aba Anamoah, Gloria Sarfo, Deloris Frimpong Manso (Delay), Berla Mundi, Yaa Amoako Adu, Getrude Kunde Kwallinjam and Beatrice Mensah.
This year’s Outstanding TV Personality of the Year category has the likes of Nana Ama McBrown, Berla Mundi, Nancy Adobea Anane, Stacy Amoateng and Afia Pokua.
The full list of nominees is available on the official awards website, www.askofproductions.com.
The past three editions of the GOWA have seen the likes of Afia Pokua (2018), Velma Owusu Bempah (2019) and Delay (2020) winning the topmost award.
The event is sponsored by Verna Mineral Water, Unilever Ghana, McBerry, JEM Media, Tasty Tom, Hisense, Nasco Electronics, Smock World, Kente Code, Starnewsgh.com, Assor World and AZ Code.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- Luv FM Primary School Quiz: 9 schools qualify for semi-finals
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Shell oil spill: 30k Nigerians seek compensation
- Kamala Harris to discuss Ukraine war with Tanzania leader
- Mathematics is the only understandable global language – Professor Nantomah
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-Gay bill has not been diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- GES PRO ranked among top 25 public sector PR professionals