Audio By Carbonatix
Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin has accused the Clerk of the Appointments Committee of being partisan, alleging that she is working in favour of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Speaking after a chaotic session on Thursday evening, Afenyo-Markin did not mince words in expressing his frustration.
“The committee is on a partisan track. Indeed, she is a typical NDC. She agrees with them and then advertises and informs people to come,” he claimed.
According to the Minority Leader, the Clerk acted outside the usual procedures by unilaterally making decisions without agreement from both sides.
“The practice has always been that the chairman and ranking would agree on who and who will come. Yesterday, there was no agreement. The chairman was with me—no meeting. Then, at 10 pm, the Clerk advertised for 10 this morning,” the Effutu MP stated.
Mr Afenyo-Markin further alleged that the Clerk’s actions were part of a broader strategy by the Majority to push through more nominees than had been agreed upon.
“Today, we agreed to do three [nominees]. My deputy was here. They had a pre-sitting and agreed on three. Later in the afternoon, they said four. Then again, they said, ‘Oh, let’s compromise on one more.’
"We said okay, and they made it five. Just as we finished the three, we realised they had paraded several other nominees, thinking we would boycott. We will not boycott,” he declared.
He also accused the NDC of attempting to intimidate and sideline the Minority in the vetting process.
“NDC is always out to intimidate people, always bullying. They can call us a ‘micro minority.’ They can say whatever they want to say. But we have been cooperating with them,” he stated.
Despite the disruptions, Mr Afenyo-Markin maintained that the Minority would not back down.
“Nothing will stop us from asking the relevant questions,” he insisted, making it clear that his side would continue to scrutinize nominees without fear or intimidation.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours