Ghana Cocoa Board has begun processes to sign $1.5 billion syndication loan for next cocoa crop season 2021/2022 for the purchase of cocoa beans.
The loan is expected to be secured by next month.
Speaking at the Olam Managers Conference, Chief Executive of COCOBOD, Joseph Boahen Aidoo hinted that discussions have already begun with banks to get the process on course by the end of the current crop season.
He therefore promised that the 2021/2022 season promises to be brighter, hence the decision to begin earlier.
According to him, the last syndicated loan of $1.3 billion was not adequate due to the load of work on the production process.
“We have exceeded our production target for the year and the money we took as loan didn’t take us anywhere”.
“Very soon, we will sign the syndication for the next crop season and I must say we have made arrangements to get the banks on board to chart this path” he said.
The COCOBOD CEO also used the opportunity to show appreciation to Olam for its support in ensuring that his outfit exceeded its one million tonnes production target.
He applauded Olam for advancing payment to farmers ahead of the government funding.
He disclosed that as of last week, the country had produced a little over 1.1 million metric tonnes, describing it as historic since the beginning of cocoa farming in Ghana
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
Kudus, Sowah, Addo to star as Champions League resumes
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke