Audio By Carbonatix
Drinking bar and pub operators in the Ashanti Region are appealing to the government to consider easing some restrictions to enable them to resume their operations.
According to them, the continued closure of their businesses as a result of the Covid-19 was biting hard and it was time the government took a second look at their plight and help them.
Mr. Emmanuel Antwi Baah, Ashanti Regional Chairman of Pubs and Spot Operators Association, who made the appeal said the operators were ready to put in place all the prescribed protocols to ensure the safety of patrons at their premises.
He said since the announcement of the various restrictions and preventive protocols and the subsequent lockdown in some parts of the country, drinking bar operators had been going through difficulties in taking care of themselves and their families.
Some have also incurred losses due to the closure of the bars while others had laid off their workers.
Mr Baah appealed to the government to extend the Covid-19 stimulus package to members of the Association to enable them to stay in business.
Latest Stories
-
Accra Mayor empowers 88 PWDs with working tools, start-up capital worth over GH¢300,000
3 minutes -
Moon sighting for Ramadan 2026 set for February 18 – Office of Chief Imam
28 minutes -
NAIMOS task force cracks down on galamsey in Ashanti Region over Valentine’s weekend
47 minutes -
OSP goofed and must tell Ghanaians the truth – Frank Davies reacts to Red Notice decision
57 minutes -
Today’s Front Pages: Monday, February 16, 2026
1 hour -
‘Victory in 2028 won’t be gifted to us’ – Bawumia urges discipline, unity in NPP
2 hours -
Lordina Mahama announces completion of 3 modern maternity and children’s wards
2 hours -
IOM, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd partner to boost financial literacy for Ghanaian returneesÂ
2 hours -
There is nothing wrong with being arrested as a politician – Afenyo-Markin urges NPP unity
2 hours -
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
2 hours -
WHY Dr Bawumia must retain NAPO as running mate: Consistency, loyalty and strategy are good in politics
2 hours -
GNFS prevents petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
2 hours -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
2 hours -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
2 hours -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
3 hours
