Audio By Carbonatix
The Deputy Coordinator of the National Disaster Management (NADMO) says the crowd that turned out at the 2016 manifesto launch of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) was not surprising.
Joseph Yamin believes the party members had been starved of a manifesto hence the huge turnout at the International Trade Fair Centre on Sunday.
Looking at how they had been postponing the manifesto launch date, the party members were obviously starved and that is why they came in their numbers, he said on the AM Show on MultiTV.
Thousands of NPP supporters thronged the venue for a rally after the party's manifesto launch in Accra.

The launch was meant for some accredited few including the media, civil society groups, traditional leaders and party leaders after which the mammoth rally began.

Many observers have made the huge crowd that flowed at the event grounds one of the highlights of discussions after the launch.
Comparing this to his party's manifesto launch, Mr Yamin said the National Democratic Congress (NDC) had massive attendance at its launch in Sunyani than what was seen at the Trade Fair Centre.
He claimed members of the NPP were bused from various constituencies across the country to Accra for the launch, hence the huge numbers.
But the Member of Parliament (MP) for Fanteakwa North said 99 percent of the people at the rally are residents of the Greater Accra Region.
"No members were bused to the venue. I was there with my constituency executives, not even a head was bused from my constituency to attend the rally," Kwabena Amakwa Asiamah added.
Mr Yamin challenged the claim that assertion by producing a photograph of one of the new BRT buses with NPP flags and posters of the MP for Ayawaso West Wuogon also in Accra, Kyeremateng Agyarko on it.
But Mr Amankwa Asiamah interrupted and asked if Ayawaso West Wuogon was outside Accra.
"Bringing out a photo of a bus with Agyarko's posters on a bus to support the claim that we bused people from other regions is laughable. If you have those with constituencies outside Accra, show them," he challenged Mr Yamin.
Mr Yamin claimed one of the buses transporting supporters from Kumasi in the Ashanti Region to the venue was involved in an accident.
"The pictures are out there and we will soon see them," Mr Yamin indicated.
Kindly find attached video below.
Latest Stories
-
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
25 seconds -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
8 minutes -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
9 minutes -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
19 minutes -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
22 minutes -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
28 minutes -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
31 minutes -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
42 minutes -
Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns
54 minutes -
University of Gold Coast graduates urged to prove themselves beyond certificates
1 hour -
GoldBod sets new X-Ray Fluorescence standard for gold purity testing from September 1
1 hour -
Why EOCO, not OSP, is leading AKSA bribery probe – Deputy AG explains
1 hour -
Republic Bank-JoyNews Habitat Fair to kick off with Mini-fair at Achimota Mall on August 21
1 hour -
From promises to poisoned rivers: The dangerous silence fueling Ghana’s escalating galamsey and environmental collapse
1 hour -
Hasty cancellation of AKSA contract could trigger judgment debt – Deputy AG warns
1 hour